This March we invite you to embrace the No Tools Challenge.
There are perks to working with your horse with tools and without – and the liberty work Lindsey does with horses has made the most profound changes in her relationships with horses.
The No Tools Challenge is a contest we are running across all of our social media platforms.
We love working with no tools because it makes us become way more away of our own bodies and energy. It can help you learn more about yourself – are you timid, boring, assertive, interesting, or something else? It also helps you learning more about your horse.
You get to observe how your horse responds given a free choice:
- How long do they spend focused on one task
- Are they curious and like to look at things? Like to touch things with their nose? Or touch with their hoof?
- Where are the comfort zones that they like to be?
We work with our horses both with tools and no tools, but we try to use the information we learn when we have no tools to help us be better for when we have tools.
Here is how the contest works.
- For the month of March, try playing with your horse using no tools (can be riding or ground work).
- Share about your experience on social media (see below for more details for each platform for how)
- At the end of March we’ll be choosing a lucky winner from each social media platform (YouTube, Instagram, and Facebook) who will get to come audit for free at Lindsey Partridge’s Liberty Clinic in May at her farm, Partridge Horse Hill, and win a prize pack of tasty all-natural horse treats from Hilton Herbs.
Post a video or picture with your horse to your own profile. Share something about your experience working with no tools. Tag @HarmonyHorsemanshipTM in your post and use the hashtag #NoToolsChallenge2018. Make sure your post is public so we can see it.
Post a video or picture with your horse to your own profile. Share something about your experience working with no tools. Tag @Harmonyhorsemanshiptm in your post and use the hashtag #NoToolsChallenge2018. Make sure your post is public so we can see it.
Subscribe to the Harmony Horsemanship YouTube channel, like the contest video, and comment on the video with your experience with your horse.
Deadline to enter is March 31, 2018.
- Choose a safe space to work with your horse using no tools. This could be a round pen, arena, or paddock.
- Make sure the space is free of hazards and safely fenced.
- Seek a Harmony Horsemanship Instructor to help you.
Winners will be announced on social media and to the website www.HarmonyHorsemanship.ca